Our firm offers expertise in health law, with a unique focus on alternative, complementary, and integrative medical therapies, as well as general business law.
Michael’s legal expertise spans over fifteen years. He received his JD and MBA from the University of California, Berkeley, clerked for Chief Judge Griesa in the Southern District of New York, practiced corporate law on Wall Street, and taught healthcare law before joining the faculty of Harvard Medical School. Read more.
• Business organization and strategic planning
• Contract drafting and negotiation
• Corporate structure
• Credentialing, licensure, scope of practice
• Dietary supplement labeling & regulation
• Employment contracts and related issues
• Entertainment law
• Ethical, regulatory, and institutional guidelines
• Food & drug issues; medical devices
• General corporate law and business issues
• HIPPA and privacy/confidentiality concerns
• Hospital policy design and regulatory compliance
• Informed consent and medical documentation
• Insurance and health plan/CAM benefit design
• Intellectual property issues
• Licenses, permits, leases
• Malpractice liability issues
• Professional discipline concerns
• Negotiation & alternative dispute resolution
• Policy and legislative strategies
• Quality assurance & risk management
• Self-referral; Stark and anti-kicback issues
• Vendor contracts with strategic partners
• Website, brochure, and literature review
What Clients Say
“Michael’s legal expertise was a valuable asset in helping me become the first Doctor of Chiropractic credentialed at a major teaching hospital in the United States….
About Alan Dumoff, Esq.
Alan Dumoff, JD, MSW has significant experience helping health care providers establish integrative care clinics.